Internships at the National Museum of African American History and Culture offer undergraduate and graduate students, and recent graduates opportunities to work closely with professionals and scholars in the museum field. The museum provides a dynamic learning environment and access to supportive mentors that help interns reach their educational and professional goals. Interns can gain practical museum skills and program development experience in a variety of positions! Summer 2022 opportunities include:
- African American and Afro-Caribbean Curatorial Research Assistant Internship
- Black Fashion Collection Research Internship
- Business Programs Internship
- Design and Architecture Curatorial Research Internship
- Development Operations Internship
- Marketing Internship Media Internship
- Sports and Race Initiative Curatorial Internship.
For individual position descriptions visit the NMAAHC website.
To apply, you must submit the following materials to SOLAA no later than February 15, 2022:
Completed internship program application form through SOLAA.
•Be able to answer all questions provided when applying.
• A resume listing relevant courses, previous experience, and special skills
• A personal essay mentioning specific internship opportunities that interest you, a brief personal statement, and outline of career goals (use this to tell us how the internship will advance your academic/career goals)
• Academic transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
• Two letters of reference that can speak on your behalf
For questions regarding these opportunities, please contact: