To complete the IRS W-9 form, there are three sections that require you to complete. It is important to ensure that all of the mandatory boxes are completed:
- Download the W-9 Form from the IRS website.
- Box 1 with your full legal name.
- Box 3 with your tax classification - generally if you do not own a business, you are a sole proprietor and should select the first box
- Box 5 with your street address
- Box 6 with your City, State and Zip Code
Under Part I: Taxpayer Identification Number, if you are a US citizen please enter your social security number,unless you are filing under a business, then add your Employer Identification Number
Under Part II: Please make sure you read the statements and then sign and date the form